Arthur F. Grijalva is the Director of SpaceWERX. He leads the strategy and execution of approximately $460 million per year across the Space Force through SpaceWERX Ventures, Spark, and Prime, the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Programs.
Mr. Grijalva entered the Air Force as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy and continued serving as a civil servant in the Space Force. He served in numerous program management and test and evaluation roles, most recently as the Deputy Director for Acquisition Delta-Space Warfighting at Space Systems Command, where he directed the strategy and execution of a Presidential priority multibillion-dollar classified space portfolio. He has experience on a wide breadth of programs that include space control, space vehicle and satellite systems, responsive space, agile software development, launch vehicle integration, command and control, hypersonic technology, avionics, and aircraft testing.
Mr. Grijalva is a graduate of the University of Southern California SHIELD (Space, History, Industry, Engineering, Leadership, Deterrence) a Price School of Public Policy & Viterbi School of Engineering program. He holds a M.S. in Industrial Engineering from New Mexico State University, a B.S. in Operations Research from the U.S. Air Force Academy, Project Management Professional (PMP), and Certified ScrumMaster.
2010 Bachelor of Science, Operations Research, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado
2013 Master of Science, Industrial Engineering, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico
2022 Graduate Certificate, SHIELD (Space, History, Industry, Engineering, Leadership, Deterrence), University of Southern California, Price School of Public Policy & Viterbi School of Engineering, Los Angeles, Calif.
- 2010 – 2012, Lead Analyst, Space Systems, Advanced Development Directorate, Space & Missile Systems Center (SMC), Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
- 2012 – 2013, Project Manager, Hypersonic Technology, Advanced Development Directorate, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
- 2013 – 2017, Deputy Test Program Manager/Analysis Manager, Air Force Operational Test & Evaluation Center, Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 2017 – 2020, Program Manager, Space Superiority Directorate, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
- 2020 – 2023, Deputy Director, Acquisition Delta-Space Warfighting, Special Programs Directorate, Space Systems Command, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
- 2023 – Present, Director of SpaceWERX, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Association Air & Space Warfare Team Innovation winner at the National level
Gears of Government Team winner at the National level
(Current as of OCTOBER 2023)