Effective Date: October 24, 2023
The purpose of this website is to provide information about the Consortium for Space Mobility and ISAM Capabilities (COSMIC) to the general public and facilitate coordination across the government, industry, research and academia to develop ISAM capabilities. This website is managed by The Aerospace Corporation (“Aerospace”, “we”, “us” or “our”) as the Consortium Management Entity for COSMIC.
I. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
There are several types of information we collect. These include:
a. Information you provide directly to us (such as when you contact us or sign up for a newsletter)
- Personal Information, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted
- Survey Responses, including interests, preferences
- Correspondence you send to us
b. Information we collect automatically
- We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to monitor traffic patterns on the website and collect certain information automatically such as internet protocol (IP) address; device type and browser version, location, date and time of visit, pages you visit, search terms and actions taken on the page, and other website performance indicators
II. USE OF INFORMATION
We use and otherwise process each of the categories of information identified in Section I for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To notify you of COSMIC events, programs and other developments;
- To analyze information about your use of our website and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- To ensure security of our website and our networks;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations; and
- Otherwise with your consent.
III. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this privacy notice. We may share your personal information with certain third parties, including as described below:
- Third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as but not limited to email marketing communications, event registration, analytics, security and performance monitoring. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Aerospace and/or COSMIC, visitors of this website, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
- COSMIC Members. We may share personal contact information with other COSMIC Members for the purposes described above and to enable collaborative efforts within the broader consortium community.
IV. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Our website uses tracking technology known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your device when you visit a website. They allow our website to recognize your computer or device and remember if you’ve visited the website previously. Cookies are widely used to add functionality to a website, to make a website work more efficiently, and to provide metrics on how a website is used by visitors. If you do not wish for cookies to be stored on your machine, you can turn them off in your browser.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether visitors intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
V. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
While none of the COSMIC’s webpages are directed towards children, we are committed to comply with the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. However, if a child has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should e-mail us to remove the information and cancel the e-mail subscription.
VI. DATA RETENTION, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY
Information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
We maintain security measures to protect information from loss, theft interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
No data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
VIII. CONTACT INFORMATION